What an amazing summer! Field trips took us to the Baltimore Museum of Industry, the Maryland Zoo, and Genesee Valley Outdoor Learning Center. Guests leaders taught us about library resources and expressing ourselves through art. And, of course, we had so much fun playing and learning right at the Family Center. (Click the photos above to enlarge.)
All of this wouldn’t have been possible without the help of our supportive staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Program staff: Catey, Allie, and Aaron
- Johns Hopkins University CIIP Intern Mahalia
- Volunteers: Zach, Rachel, Esther, and Kathryn
- High School Volunteers: Cecilia, Jai, Greta, Chris, and Taylor
- Program Partners: Art With a Heart, Enoch Pratt Free Library, Girls In the Game, and TasteWise Kids
- Field Trip Partners: Baltimore Museum of Industry, Maryland Zoo, and Genesee Valley Outdoor Learning Center
Below are some of the fun and educational activities we’ve been up to! We…
- Listened to weekly storytelling and learning about library resources with Ms. Allie at the Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Engaged in nature-based learning on field trips to the Maryland Zoo and Genesee Valley Outdoor Learning Center
- Explored the history of Baltimore and the American Industrial Revolution through hands-on curriculum activities like an interactive tour and job simulation
- Created our own chemistry experiments and engineering projects during HFC-led programming to engage in scientific inquiry and the design process
- Expressed ourselves through different mediums of art during Art with a Heart programming and personal journaling
- Navigated a diverse array of interpersonal relationships whilst developing healthy ways to handle conflict and an awareness of their physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Looking forward to summer 2023!